Welcome to CVCS Preschool
At Cumberland Valley Christian School (CVCS) your child will receive a high quality education that is rooted in Biblical truths and principles. Our preschool program will help prepare students to be successful in Kindergarten and in life. We create a loving and caring environment in each classroom to help children learn and grow spiritually, academically, and socially.
The preschool is run as a school classroom, following a schedule with structured lessons. We nurture obedience and respect for teachers and each other, and follow the CVCS standards, including dress code and behavior expectations.
In K3 your child will be introduced to basic skills and knowledge. Once in K4, your child will master these skills and build on them. Both K3 and K4 go on field trips and participate in chapel.
Our goal is to provide your preschooler with the best foundation for Kindergarten and everything afterwards!
- Potty Trained – All bathroom issues must be taken care of before entering K3 & K4. This means EVERYTHING! Please make sure your child(ren) can use the toilet correctly, wipe themselves, dress themselves, and are able to clean up if they have an accident. They must be able to use all bathroom facilities by themselves before entering K3 & K4.
- Must be age 3 by September 1st of the current school year to enter K3.
- Must be age 4 by September 1st of the current school year to enter K4.
- CVCS does offer bus transportation for students that are 4 by the first day of the current school year.
- Children under 4 must be dropped off and picked up at the school.
K3 & K4 Skills
- Basic knowledge and truth of God and the Bible
- Recognizing Colors: Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Purple, Black, Brown, Orange, White, Pink, Gray
- Recognizing, Tracing, and Drawing Shapes: Square, Circle, Triangle, Oval, Rectangle, Heart, Star, Diamond, Pentagon, Hexagon, Octagon
- Recognizing, Counting, and Tracing Numbers 1 -10.
- Recognizing, Tracing, and Phonics of Letters A-Z.
- Opposites /Matching
- Calendar: Days of the Week, Months of the Year, and Holidays
- Social skills – how to play and interact with other children.